This company grows more than 100 sorts of pesticide-free baby leaves, microgreens, herbs and micro vegetables for the local restaurants, cantinas and end consumers. In a fully controlled environment in Hamburg this company grows leafy greens at optimized efficiency. With their self-developed way of growing they are lifting Indoor Vertical Farming to the next level to provide locally grown, pesticide-free greens to the urban population in a highly sustainable and productive way.
The candidate will be responsible for development and optimization of the plant recipes. He or she will develop and implement novel processes to improve production rate, yield and growth performance. Implementing new analytical methods and perform data analysis to develop understanding of the trade-offs between process parameters and key performance indicators are one of the key responsibilities. The candidate will also help with equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance and collaborate and communicate effectively with internal teams and external tech partners.
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in the field of applied plant science or horticultural science.
• Practical experience through plant trials, laboratory and department activities in the field of plant breeding, plant nutrition, plant pathology, organic farming.
• Profound knowledge in analytical methods and applied plant phenotyping.
• Experience in pilot and industrial settings a must.
• Self-starter with strong organizational, and general communication skills.
• Comfortable working within a small, collaborative international team.
• Creative and innovative mindset with strong drive for results and high standard of performance.
• Ability and willingness to travel as necessary (domestic and international).
• Excellent knowledge of English, written and oral.
Do you have serious interest, then this may be the job that suits you! Do you have any questions? Please feel free to give us a call. Of course, your call will remain confidential.
Mob: +31 6 10782861