The company is a worldwide leader in the production, distribution and sale of high-quality medical cannabis. With offices in North America and operations around the world the company is well positioned to meet the growing demand and opportunities in the international medical cannabis markets.
The Head Grower is responsible for the Management of crop growing operations for the Greenhouse facility in Germany. This person is also responsible for the proper care of the greenhouse, including the principles and practices of plant cultivation, propagation and protection.
– Autonomous division of cultivation planning and harvest planning.
– Guidance of a team of gardeners, auxiliary gardeners and other internal staff involved in the cultivation, care and maintenance of the products.
– Coordinate the biological control department to monitor pests and diseases.
– Ensuring all SOPs and ensuring that strict plant hygiene practices are adhered to and enforced.
– Monitoring the harvest based on given quality standards (GMP, GACP).
– University degree in Agricultural Science or equivalent education and ideally MBA.
– Several years of professional experience with personnel responsibility in the agricultural sector, preferably in the greenhouse.
– Strong communication, leadership and problem-solving skills.
– Identification of plants and their problems (diseases, pests etc.)
– Advanced knowledge of nutrient management programs for associated crops, diseases, pest control, aeration, and generally monitoring the condition of plants.
– You are a team player, have organizational communication skills.
– You have an independent, goal-oriented and conscientious way of working.
– Knowledge of greenhouse software such as Priva.
– You speak fluent English, a good knowledge in German would be an advantage.
If this describes you, then this may be the job that suits you!
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to give us a call. Of course, your call will remain confidential.