What is a Product Manager?
A Product Manager is someone who is responsible for the life cycle of a product and / or a product group. This includes product development, marketing, financial results, quality and logistics (the logistics directly related to the product (group)).
What does a Product Manager do?
A Product Manager is responsible for the market/business related success of a products and / or a product concept. Additionally, he or she ensures that his/her colleagues of the sales (internal and external), logistics and financial department are provided with the correct data and in time to ensure a successful outcome together. Furthermore, the Product Manager continuously checks whether existing products or product groups still meet the requirements, appearance and wishes of the customer, supplier and the company itself.
Tasks of a Product Manager
In general, the day to day tasks of a Product Manager are as following:
- Develop and implement strategic and operational product strategies in the short and long term
- Drafting product business plans and sales forecasts
- …. Of external trends
- Managing the costs related to the product, such as, service costs and purchasing costs
- Determine and realise the positioning, pricing, location and promotion of the product (the 4 p’s). A Product Manager closely works with the marketing and communications department
- Gather information on product performance, experience and perceptions from customers
- Initiation and realisation of product innovations by responding to the constantly changing market
- Increase customer base, loyalty and profitability by managing the entire product chain
- Provide/create reports and inform internal and external stakeholders
Product Manager vacancy
At The Recruiting Specialist we regularly have vacancies for Product Managers in the various sectors in which we operate: Fruit & Vegetables, Transport & Logistics, Arable Farming, Food & Beverage and Livestock Farming. We are happy to help you find your dream job. Make sure to check the currently available vacancies for Product Managers.
The Recruiting Specialist
With our years of experience and knowledge, we are the basis for the growth of your career. Get to know The Recruiting Specialist and read more about us here. Together with you we will look for a suitable challenge that fits your wishes perfectly. Our goal is to find the perfect match between your wishes and our vacancies. Do you want to know what we can do for you? Or do you want to receive more information? Feel free to contact us or send us an open application.